Metal is Thicker than Blood
Although this issue is paying homage to all you home builders out there, this man, Dorian Reyna, owns a killer diesel performance shop known as PSE (Powerstroke Enginuities) out of Houston and started off just like the rest of us—building killer trucks out of his garage. A United States Marine and a gearhead for life, Dorian has been building crazy things for as long as he can remember.
Fast forward a quite a few years and a couple tours, and Dorian was back home about to open his own diesel shop. He knew he needed a badass shop truck to really show off what they were capable of, so he snagged up a 1964 F-100 to do the deed. Unlike a lot of the performance diesel guys out there, Dorian has a thing for slammed trucks just as much, if not more, than the lifted ones. So, to do something totally different and off the wall, he decided to get with his buddy Jon over at Chassis Fab and let him go crazy on a custom chassis for the shop truck. Lying flat on the ground on a full custom chassis was only one small part of the recipe.
With an insane stance, the rest of the aggressive package had to pay off. It ended up with HD Chevy parts to stuff eight-lug American Force 20×9 and 20x14s under the F-100.
Dorian already had the Super Duty engine plucked out, and little by little he built it up to be a powerhouse. Starting with a 2006 Ford V-8 Power Stroke, he tore it down and proceeded to make it indestructible with Mahle pistons, Carillo rods, River City Diesel cam, O-ringed heads with ARP studs, O-ringed intake and the rest of the critical components. Dorian knew he wanted to give this engine as much hell as he had been through over the last decade. With all that power, a Red Diamond Diesel custom trans build was in order. As soon as the time and funds permitted, this beast was stuffed into the custom chassis and it was almost there.
With an insane stance, the rest of the aggressive package had to pay off. It ended up with HD Chevy parts to stuff eight-lug American Force 20×9 and 20x14s under the F-100. Wild, right? Wild to say the least. The interior had to be just as outlandish as the rest of the build, so Dorian commissioned another trusted Texan and military brother to knock out a killer bomber seat for him. Ryan Alford of RSD went to town to create something as special as the man he was building it for, and when he presented Dorian with the artwork of a seat, it was obvious that Ryan knocked it out of the park!
And as they say, the rest is history. This badass build and owner just go to show that with vision and perseverance, you can see it through! Dorian is definitely one of the “good guys,” and we can’t wait to see what he’s up to next.
1964 Ford F-100
PowerStroke Enguinities (PSE)
Chassis & Suspension
- ’95 Chevy 2500 eight-lug HD spindles and rear end
- Custom air ride chassis built by Chassis Fab
- Custom body and powertrain mounts
- Fox shocks
- Slam Specialties airbags, Viair compressors, switchbox
Wheels & Brakes
- American Force 20×9 and 20x14s
- Nitto Invo tires 275/40/20 and 29×18/20 rear
- Chevy brakes and master cylinder
- 2006 Ford V-8 Power Stroke
- Mahle pistons with Carillo rods
- River City Diesel cam
- O-ringed heads with ARP studs
- O-ringed intake and critical components
- Red Diamond Diesel custom trans build
- Huge turbo system
- Full custom standalone engine and trans harnesses built by PSE
- Elite Diesel injectors
- Speedlab Creations 4-inch exhaust
- Marty’s fuel system
Body & Paint
- Natural patina
- Custom sheetmetal bed
- Custom cowl hood by Dave at Pristine
- Body by Pristine Custom Paint
- Pinstripe by Pat Maxwell Auto Design
- Custom aluminum bomber seats from RSD
- Cato Custom upholstery wrapped seat pads and interior
- Custom cup holders
- Custom mounted nitrous bottle; double shot switches on steering wheel
- No stereo, just the sound of sweet turbo whine!