A1, the alphanumeric code for one of the industry’s top suspension, rod ends, spherical bearings and shock absorber companies, was founded in 1993 by Jim Jordan in Lakeville, Minnesota. Fast forward 27 years, and the company is still creating 100% American-made products for our American trucks out of Lakeville, although it has certainly grown quite a bit over the last almost three decades.
QA1 offers the most expansive line of bolt-on suspension components for your performance truck (or car), including control arms, K-members, anti-hop bars, K-member braces, Panhard bars, strut tower braces, sub-frame connectors, sway bars, toe links, torque and trailing arms, along with a variety of other products. QA1’s state-of-the-art fabrication facility is located right next door to HQ.
Ditch that outdated twin I-beam front suspension. Before you head to the junkyard to find a random “front-clip,” you definitely should consider this well-engineered example of a dialed-in IFS offering both performance and comfort that’s properly engineered to make your truck handle like a modern truck while giving you the ride height adjustability so you can dial in the perfect stance. This setup also makes motor swaps a breeze as QA1 has interchangeable engine mounts from FE, Windsor, Mod/Coyote and even LS (we all know one or two of those guys).
Some key points for this QA1 front setup:
- 3.75 inches narrower than a Crown Vic, so fitment of larger wheels and tires is not an issue
- 3- to 7-inch drop (3- to 5-inch with standard height style spindles, 5- to 7-inch with 2-inch drop spindles)
- 150-plus pounds lighter than stock suspension
- Bolt-in tubular design for ease of installation and strength
- Adjustable coilover shocks to set the ride height and ride quality
- Rack-and-pinion steering