Picking the Perfect C10 Suspension Parts!
When it comes to picking the perfect suspension for your classic Chevy truck, the internet is full of options, and each system has its own particular positive traits. It may be tough to tackle the ever-growing list of bolt-in brackets available on the market today, so we thought we would break it down to provide a little help.
Before you start ordering parts, there are some pre-planning guidelines to follow to get exactly what you’re expecting. Two of the most important decisions you need to make are ride height and adjustability level. Do you want to compete in track-style racing events, or are you looking for a reliable and drivable show truck? Is air ride something you’re comfortable with, or do you like the simplicity of a static suspension?
These are all personal preferences that you have to decide on your own, but once you do, we have a few suggestions to get you where you’re looking to be.
Many of you know how immensely popular airbags have been over the years. Their dominance in our magazines has been nothing but obvious, and we have received both positive and negative reviews regarding our feature truck choices. Nowadays though, it seems like pro-touring setups and daily driver coilover trucks are starting to take a larger part of the market share than ever before. It may be the ease of installation the manufacturers have engineered into their systems, or just the bad experiences you or a friend may have had with air ride. Installed correctly, either of these setups can be maintenance free for years to come, but how many times have you been stranded due to a worn-out compressor or ripped airbag?
Our job is to provide our readers with a variety of options along with some feedback from experienced truck owners.
Throw in some DIY tech articles, and you have pretty much enough information to pick your path. With all the great companies getting involved in these trucks, you can easily get confused while researching on your lunch break. Our solution to this situation is to break down some of our favorite suspensions for you to review at your convenience. These are not all-inclusive and we undoubtedly missed a few, but at least you can understand the options and get one step closer to spending your hard-earned dollars.
’63-’70 C10: BELLTECH 4”/5” DROP KIT
Belltech engineers have designed these complete lowering kits as an all-in-one-box solution to provide the necessary parts to lower your Chevy C10. The Belltech C10 suspension lowering kit for ’63-’70 Chevrolet give you a 4-inch drop in the front and a 5-inch drop in the rear. Shocks are additionally offered, although this kit requires converting to ’71-’72 Chevy C10 disc brakes, which are available through companies like National Parts Depot and Brothers Truck Parts.
Secondly ’73-’87 C10: BELLTECH 4”/6” DROP KIT
Chevrolet C10s between the years ’73-’87 that come with a 1-inch rotor now have the ability to drop 4 inches up front and 6 inches in the rear with Nitro Drop II Shocks. Belltech’s complete C10 suspension lowering kits include all the parts and pieces you need to achieve not only the look you want, but the alignment, performance and safety you need.
’63-’72 C10: Pro2 Static Drop Kit
The AZ Pro Performance Pro2 C10 Static Drop Kit has the basics needed to install a quality static drop on your truck. We use most Belltech components and pair them with quality shocks. Of course, we include the adjustable panhard bar and rear shock relocators so you know the job will be done right.
- 3-inch drop spindles (Belltech)
- 2-inch front drop springs (Belltech)
- 5-inch rear drop springs (Belltech)
- One React adjustable panhard bar
- One React C-notch
- One set of rear shock relocators
- Four Belltech Street Performance
- One Belltech front sway bar
Importantly: If installing on a ’63-’70 C10 that had front drum brakes, it will require the conversion to disc brakes.
AZ Pro Performance
’71-’72 Chevrolet C10: Lowering Spindles 2.5” Drop
Airbagit offers disc brake spindles for your 1971-1972 C10 truck. To make your system work correctly, you will also need to purchase the following ’73-’87 C10 Chevy truck parts: inner and outer wheel bearings, seals, spindle nuts and washers, rotors, calipers, disc brake master cylinder, combination valve, inner tie rod ends, outer tie rod ends, upper ball joint and lower ball joint
1963-1987 CHEVROLET C10: Upper Control Arm/3” Drop Coil Combo
Airbagit.com also offers this upper control arm and 3-inch drop coil combo that are made of 1¼-inch by 0.156-inch wall DOM tubing. Most ball joint mounts are threaded to accept an original ball joint.
’63-’72 C10: Hotchkis Sport TVS
The first step in improving the handling of your big block C10 is the Hotchkis Sport Suspension Stage 1 Total Vehicle System. This kit has been rigorously designed and tested on the track yet is very comfortable for your local cruise in. The 2-inch front sport lowering springs and 1 7/16-inch front sway bar reduce body roll and control the bumps, along with the Hotchkis Tuned Fox shocks and shock relocator brackets. The 6-inch rear sport lowering springs and a 34-inch Blade-style sway bar reduce body roll, while shock relocators and the Hotchkis Tuned Fox shocks effectively control suspension dampening. This system is a proven autocross winner and designed for maximum performance improvement in an installer friendly kit. Proudly made in the USA.
’63-’72 Chevy/GMC: Stage 2 Suspension Kit
Lower your vehicle and improve its handling all with one kit. Performance Online offers a wide variety of options when considering what you want to do with your project truck. This design also reduces under and oversteer and dramatically improves cornering and performance. Front coils include choice of one 4-inch drop while rear coils include choice of two 6-inch drop.
This kit includes: front and rear coils, front and rear sway bars, adjustable Trac bar with polyurethane bushings, front and rear shocks, all sway bar mounting hardware as well as installation instructions.
NOTE: When lowering your truck 3-4 inches in the front, we highly recommend using Performance Online’s front shock relocator kit. When lowering your truck 5 to 6 inches in the rear, we highly recommend using the rear shock relocator kit as well as a C-notch kits.
’73-’87 C10: Western Chassis Suspension Spindles/Flip Kit
Western Chassis has made ordering your lowering kit for your Chevy or GMC truck a breeze. Get the look you want without breaking the bank. Our best buy kits are made in America with quality parts. All complete suspension kits include front and rear shocks. The rear shock relocation kit helps the angle of the shock for more efficient suspension dampening and control.
Choose from the following options:
- 3.5-inch front/5-inch rear drop (spindle, coils, flip kit, rear shock relocation kit)
- 4.5-inch front/6-inch rear drop (spindle, coils, flip kit, shackle, rear shock relocation kit)
- 5.5-inch front/7-inch rear drop (spindle, coils, flip kit, shackle, rear shock relocation kit)
- 6.5-inch front/8-inch rear drop (spindle, coils, flip kit, hanger, shackle, rear shock relocation kit)
’65-’72 Chevy C10: MaxTrac Lowering Kit
Maxtrac ¾-inch drop is a great way to lower your C10 without breaking the bank. This budget friendly kit comes with 3-inch lowering coil springs and twin tube shocks for the front. The rear comes with 4-inch lowering coils and matching twin tube shocks. What makes this kit great is you can always add or remove components to get the look you’re after.
- 3-inch front lowering springs
- 4-inch rear lowering springs
- MaxTrac front and rear shocks
’63-’72 Chevrolet C10: StreetGRIP Suspension
A StreetGRIP Suspension System will upgrade the ride and handling of your ’63-’72 Chevrolet C10 pickup while also improving the stance with a lowered ride height. RideTech has worked tirelessly to develop C10-specific dual rate coil springs and monotube shock absorbers. Thousands of test miles on the street as well as on our exclusive test track have resulted in components that are perfectly matched to the C10 platform. To get your truck low, the C10 StreetGRIP kit includes a boxed, bolt-in C-notch kit along with dropped spindles and a full length panhard bar with relocation bracket.
- Industry exclusive Delrin bushings
- Industry exclusive boxed bolt-in C-notch
- Full-length panhard bar
- Industry exclusive Dual-Rate coil springs
- RideTech HQ Series adjustable shocks
- 2.5-inch drop spindles
- 1.5-inch front sway bar
’63-’87 C10: ALDAN FRONT COILOVER KIT
This coilover conversion kit for the front of ’63-’87 C10 with small block engines includes two Phantom Series single adjustable coilover shocks, 650-pound Aldan American springs, POL upper and lower tubular control arms, ball joints, brackets, hardware and more. This complete kit is designed to work with factory truck crossmembers and will convert front suspensions to fully adjustable coilover shocks with tubular control arms.
Made in USA.
- Bolt-on design with fully adjustable coilovers and tubular control arms
- Single adjustable
- Spring rate: 650 pounds per inch
- Shock position: front
- POL upper and lower tubular control arms Included
- Upper and lower ball joints included
’63-’87 C10: QA1 Front Double Adjustable Coilover Kit
QA1 now offers front control arm suspension kits, including QA1’s Pro Coil System and control arms to upgrade your C10 front suspension.
These kits include your choice of QA1’s proven single or double adjustable coilover shocks so you can change the valving to meet your specific needs, along with a variety of high travel spring rate options. The shocks allow for ride height adjustability and are 100% dyno tested and serialized. Coilover hardware and all required nuts, bolts, etc. are included. Compatible with popular drop spindles, which will provide even more drop when used with this system.
QA1’s C10 upper and lower control arms are made of 12-gauge HSLA steel tubing for increased strength and are powdercoated for long lasting durability. They feature QA1 performance ball joints and low-friction, maintenance-free polymer bushings for added performance. This kit adds up to 7 degrees of caster for more stability and allows for optimum camber adjustment in a lowered truck.
’63-’72 C10: Bolt-On Rear Suspension System from QA1
QA1’s C10 bolt-on rear suspension system is designed to convert trucks originally equipped with a coil-spring rear suspension to coilovers. Made in the USA, this system relocates the coilovers to the outside of the frame rail, closer to the wheel, providing more cornering stability and allowing room for popular aftermarket rear fuel tanks. The factory truck arms are replaced with a 7-gauge DOM steel tubular design with an integrated pinion angle adjustment, eliminating the need for angled shims, and feature QA1’s X Series self-lubricating rod ends. With the adjustable length truck arms, you can set the wheelbase to your exact specifications. The adjustable mounts allow for optimum anti-squat. A full-length, adjustable panhard bar with multiple mounting locations corrects roll center geometry for the desired amount of drop.
This system also includes your choice of QA1’s proven single or double adjustable Pro Coil Systems so you can change the valving to meet your specific needs. Available with three options of high travel spring rates, these shocks allow for ride height adjustability and are 100% dyno tested and serialized.
This C10 rear suspension system incorporates a bolt-in frame C-notch and allows for up to 6 inches of total drop.
63-’87 C10: CPP COILOVER KIT
Classic Performance Products’ new coilover kits are finally here for all you C10 enthusiasts. Front coilover conversion kits are fully ride height adjustable from standard height to a 3-inch drop. This allows a full 5 1/2-inch drop when combined with CPP’s modular drop spindles. Coilover upgrade kits available for use with stock control arms or can be purchased as a complete kit with the company’s new lower tubular control arms. These new coilover control arms were designed to make adding coilovers easy.
Complete Front Coilover Conversion Kit with Upper and Lower Control Arms Features:
- Totally Tubular upper and lower control arms made from strong DOM steel tube, TIG welded and feature CPP’s patented D-spec bushings
- Upper CNC-bent and laser-cut spring pocket bracket and seats
- Dual adjustable shocks have separate adjustments for compression and rebound
- Grade 8 hardware and all mounting brackets for a simple bolt-on installation
- Coilover spring rate for SBC, BBC and all LS-series engines
- Includes spanner wrench and thrust bearing kit
- Pair with drop spindles to achieve the ride height desired
The rear coilover kit offers a full 5 inches of ride height adjustment and is specifically designed to work with CPP’s rear C-notch kits. Kits are available as coilover upgrade or paired up as a rear suspension package with CPP Totally Tubular trailing arms. Installation only requires standard hand tools and no major fabrication. Provides a clean look, with maximum clearance and consistent performance, all while dramatically improving the handling and control of your vehicle.
Complete Rear Coilover Conversion Kit Features:
- Totally Tubular trailing arms newly designed for an easy coil over conversion install
- Dual adjustable shocks have separate adjustments for compression and rebound
- CNC-bent and laser-cut mounting brackets
- Grade 8 hardware and all mounting brackets for a simple bolt-on installation
- Includes spanner wrench and thrust bearing kit
Classic Performance Products
’71-’72 C10: RideTech Coilover System
This coilover system is specifically designed for the ’71-’72 Chevrolet and GMC C10 truck and includes everything needed to provide a lowered stand and excellent ride quality and handling. The package contains front upper and lower control arms, 2.5-inch drop spindles, front and rear HQ Series coilovers, front sway bar, rear StrongArms with C-notches, and adjustable panhard bar. The benefit of buying a complete suspension system is that it takes all of the guesswork out when purchasing a new suspension.
- The 2.5-inch drop spindles allow a lowered stance while maintaining suspension travel. The modular design allows for a variety of brake options
- The upper and lower StrongArms feature corrected ball joint angles and increased caster to improve high speed stability and steering feel
- HQ Series coilovers utilize an impact forged aluminum body and monotube design to deliver excellent ride quality and handling
- The rear StrongArm system is completely bolt-on and provides mounting for the rear coilovers. The front trailing arm crossmember is designed to allow the exhaust to be run through it rather than under it providing additional ground clearance
- The panhard is adjustable so you can optimize your tire clearance at the new lowered height and the mount has been relocated to optimize the bar length and angle for the lowered height
- Ridetech’s front MucleBar helps reduce body roll and includes the PosiLink end links that provide immediate engagement between the chassis and control arms
’73-’87 C10/GMC: KP Components Bolt-On Four-Link Coilover Suspension
This bolt-on parallel four-link coilover suspension for 1973-1987 Chevrolet C10 pickups includes bolt-on or weld-in axle brackets, panhard bar locator, factory-valve coilover shocks and coil-springs. Options include a watts link for 10- or 12-bolt rear end, single- or double-adjustable coilover shocks, and choice of spring rate based on vehicle load.
’73-’87 Chevy C10: TCI Four-Link Rear Suspension
TCI Engineering’s 1973-1987 Chevy C10 four-link rear suspension creates a lowered stance for superior handling via a lowered center of gravity. Smooth ride, better handling, reduced weight and greater axle control are just the beginning. This new kit offers a significant ride height drop, excellent performance while maintaining the utility of a truck. Using a unique design axle bracket that captures the axle tube 360 degrees, we were able to make the bracket bolt on yet be extremely rigid.
Fully boxed C-notches capture both the outside and inside of the frame using 3/16-inch plate. The C-notches were designed with the factory 12-bolt rear end in place. At full compression there is roughly ¼-inch clearance between the top of the axle housing and the bed. This maximizes the amount of drop and wheel travel. The four-link frame brackets are constructed from boxed 3/16-inch plate as well. The frame brackets attach to the same locating holes that the factory leaf spring brackets used making installation very simple.
Adjustable four-link bars allow fine tuning of wheelbase/pinion angle, eliminate wheel hop and provide greater axle control. Ridetech 26-way adjustable coilovers come standard. Adjustable coilover mounts offer three positions of height adjustability, while fine tuning of height can be done with the shock body. At the lowest static setting, the fender to ground clearance is 24.5 inches with 29-inch-tall tires.
The installation mostly requires drilling and bolting in components. The 1973-1987 Chevy C10 four-link rear suspension is a 100% bolt-on application. The kit will work with your factory rear axle. Complete 9-inch axle housings are available fully welded and ready to be bolted in.
Total Cost Involved
’67-’72 C10: Heidts Independent Front Suspension System
Looking for the ultimate suspension system to replace the original equipment? Heidts has the ultimate C10 IFS kit you are looking for in its complete bolt-on heavy duty series, Superide II for ’67-’72 Chevy C10s. Heidts heavy-duty series is built tough. The one-piece main crossmember is made of 7-gauge HRPO steel that’s internally gusseted just to make it that much stronger, and it bolts directly in place of the original crossmember. Short bed frames may require minor additional modifications for fitment.
’73-’87 Chevy Pickup: Porterbuilt Front Drop Member, Coilovers
This Porterbuilt drop member front coilover suspension system is designed to replace the factory crossmember and steering system. It is engineered as a modular bolt-in unit that requires no welding.
All drop member kits include motor mounts and rack-and-pinion hardware. When combined with a 2.5-inch drop spindle and 28-inch-tall tire, the level one front will set the lowest point of the factory frame rails approximately 7 to 8 inches off the ground at ride height.
Above all when combined with a 2.5-inch drop spindle and 28-inch tall tire, the level two front will set the lowest point of the factory frame rails approximately 6 to 7 inches off the ground at ride height.
’63-’87 Chevy C10: TCI Pro Touring IFS
TCI Engineering’s 1963-1987 C10 Pro-Touring IFS is engineered for easy installation, performance driving and broader range of alignment adjustments. With the popularity of autocross and Pro Touring growing every day, we decided to build a no-compromise front end that will not break the bank. This American-made front end will provide the ultimate in handling, weight savings and strength. This front end is based on our custom designed modular spindle and bolt on steering arms. Proprietary geometry maximizes comfort and performance. Bolt-on crossmember utilizes heavy duty componentry to provide safe, long lasting enjoyment. The upper control arm mount design provides easy camber and caster adjustments. Maximizing ground clearance and performance was the primary goal.
This front end is 100% bolt-in package reusing factory mounting points.
Increase ground clearance and drop 85 pounds off the nose of your C10. All heli-arc welded for the highest quality, strength and finish available. Available with dropped spindles to provide an aggressive stance. Ridetech’s 1,000,001 Mile Warranty coilover shocks come standard and provide further height adjustment and 26-way ride comfort control.
Total Cost involved
’73-’87: Choppin’ Block Front Drop Member, Coilovers
Next, this Choppin’ Block kit utilizes improved geometry, engineered to lay frame with less hassle. It will narrow your track width approximately 2.5 inches per side and move the wheels 1 inch forward from the factory location. By utilizing the rack-and-pinion steering, you get smoother steering to give you a more late-model-truck driving experience.
NOTE: Ride height with 30-inch-tall tire is approximately 5.5 to 6 inches, and a 28-inch-tall tire would be approximately 4.5 to 5 inches.
- No rack notch needed, 100% bolt-on
- Cam bolts for alignment adjustment, no shims needed
- Lifetime warranty
- Keeps engine low in frame to increase hood clearance
- Uses tapered pin for the spindle, no need to drill spindle
’73-’87: KP Components Front Drop Member, Coilovers
If you own a ’63-’72 C10 Chevy or GMC pickup, this bolt-on dropped crossmember assembly is designed for air ride suspension.
Kit includes main crossmember, upper control arm/bag mounts, motor mounts (specify SBC, BBC or Gen III), transmission crossmember, shock mounts, billet tie-rod ends and chromoly heims with hardware, billet rack-and-pinion mounting bushings, rack notches (weld-in frame for tie-rod clearance), shock mounts and all hardware necessary to install the drop member.
These are not all-inclusive and we undoubtedly missed a few, but at least you can understand the options and get one step closer to spending your hard-earned dollars.
’60-’72 C10: Speedtech Performance ExtReme Chassis
MSRP: Starting at $15,999
A true Pro Touring suspension will not only get you down the road as a comfortable cruiser, but when track days roll around you’ve got the confidence that you’ll have an edge over the rest of your competitors. To get that edge, your ride has got to be responsive, nimble and able to handle the rigors of hard driving. The new ExtReme chassis provides you with an easy-to-install, high quality, USA-made chassis system that was designed to easily accomplish all of that and then some.
’60-’72 C10 ExtReme Base Chassis kits include:
- Heavy duty tube side rails with fully welded and internally gusseted box style front and rear chassis clips
- High clearance upper and lower front control arms assembled with greaseable Delrin bushings and heavy-duty ball joints
- New ExtReme aircraft spec 7075 T73 forged aluminum tall spindles with heavy duty C7 Corvette hubs.
- Tuned, adjustable, splined sway bar with street, autocross and ExtReme race options.
- Sweet Mfg. race bred performance power rack-and-pinion steering
- Custom valved single adjustable coilovers and adjusting wrench with Draco springs in your choice of spring rate
- Engine stands for LS and LT Chevy engines
- New style fully adjustable transmission crossmember fits most all transmission options
- Includes torque arm rear suspension system including Articulink lower trailing arms.
- Heavy duty Dutchman 9-inch Ford housing with pre-welded brackets and 31 Spline Pro Street axles
Art Morrison Chassis for classic pickup trucks
MSRP: starting at $10,490
Art Morrison Enterprises now offers a unique chassis that has an ultra-rigid “backbone” that provides builders with the perfect foundation for any classic truck project. Morrison engineers started with a big 2-inch-by-6-inch main rail, complimenting it with mandrel-formed 2-inch-by-4-inch front and rear subframes—all fixture welded to assure the perfect alignment of all suspension components.
The chassis also features through-frame exhaust passages, which allow the truck to have a lower overall stance while still maintaining ample ground clearance. In addition to being designed for the exact year/make/model truck, Morrison can build in the exact ride height desired to obtain a contemporary stance.
Key Features of Morrison’s 2×6 Main Rail Pickup Chassis
- Your choice of ride height and stance
- Superbly engineered suspension package provides vastly improved handling
- Beefy 2-inch-by-6-inch main rail with precision mandrel-formed 2-inch-by-4-inch subframes 180 wall tubing
- Frame is fixture-welded, proper alignment of all suspension components
- Several coilover spring options
- Choice of AME’s own IFS, Sport IFS or Air Spring-Plus front suspension
- Triangulated four-bar, four-bar or Air Spring-Plus rear suspension options
- Through-frame passages for 2.5-inch or 3-inch exhaust provide lower CG with ample ground clearance
- Uses 20:1 power rack steering
’60-’66 C10: Roadster Shop Full Chassis
MSRP: starting at $17,495
With the new Fast Track Chassis System from the Roadster Shop, your custom hauler will not only turn heads at shows or cruising the boulevard but will also allow you to turn some jaw dropping numbers on the autocross.
Fast Track IFS designed around the Corvette C6 spindles, hubs and ball joints. The built-in caster and camber settings will allow you to make easy adjustments from street ride quality to track performance settings. The Roadster Shop has carefully designed and engineered 4041 pre-hardened upper and lower control arm mounts, heavy duty splined sway bars that are built into the chassis, and billet aluminum steering arms for strength and weight reduction. More than 75 individual components make up this all-out performance suspension, giving you unmatched proven performance in braking, skid pad, slalom course, ensuring you have what it takes on the street or on the road course.
This chassis system utilizes all stock body mounts, bumper mounts and core support locations for easy installation.
The custom fabricated center crossmember and mid brace is designed eliminate flex and twist under heavy acceleration and cornering. Accommodates a full 3-inch exhaust and incorporates an adjustable trans mount that works with all of today’s popular transmissions. Out in back, the Ford 9-inch rear end and 31 spline axles will definitely deliver the power to the ground with an optional Fast Track independent rear suspension. The Fast Track chassis system also allows you to run a 10-inch-wide wheel and 295 series tire up front, and a 12-inch-wide wheel with 345 series tire out back.
- RS Fast Track Front Suspension with 58.75 inches track width
- C6 Corvette spindle and hub assembly
- Penske “RS Edition” performance coilovers front and rear
- 1.25-inch splined front sway bar with C6 Corvette end links
- Fabricated, 10-gauge steel fully boxed, frame rails
- Utilizes all stock body, bumper and core support mounts
- Lowered ride height
- Engine mounts for SBC, BBC or optional LS Motors
- Structural, cradle style center crossmember with drop out, adjustable trans mount
- Mid brace crossmember with exhaust ports for up to 3-inch exhaust
- Strange Engineering, Ford 9-inch housing with S/S 31 spline axles
- Large diameter, parallel four-bar rear suspension
’73-’87 C10: GSI Full Bagged Frame Chassis
MSRP: Call for Quote
GSI’s air ride chassis is engineered with optimized suspension geometry to minimize camber movement throughout the suspension travel and eliminate bump steer. GSI lower control arm alignment cams allow for quick and easy suspension alignment. GSI’s tie rod adapter kit works with the suspension to eliminate bump steer and make alignment easy. The rear is designed to accommodate a wide wheel setup (24×15-inch wheels).
The GSI ’73-’87 Square Body Chevy C10 truck air ride bagged slammed air ride chassis has been designed and developed using the latest technology available in manufacturing. Laser scanning a chassis is the best way to achieve proper fitment of all chassis components. High-quality Amada Laser, CNC laser and CNC press brake machines ensure all parts will fit together at the welding bench and during installation. We also combine a full CNC machine shop in house to enable us to manufacture every piece to our strict quality standards.
GSI Machine and Fab
’73-’87 C10: Scott’s Hotrods Full Bagged Frame Chassis
MSRP: starting at $9,500
If you are looking for a complete chassis available for your ’63-’87 Chevy/GMC C10 truck, Scott’s Hotrods can help. Chassis built to order per vehicle and customer specs. Coilovers (casual cruiser to Pro Touring) or airbags (lay frame/rocker, adjustable on-the-fly ride height)—you won’t find any leaves or drum brakes here.
Scott’s Hotrods Features:
- 100% TIG welded 2×4-inch120-wall tube frame rails
- One-piece 2x4x3/16-inch wall tube IFS crossmember
- Eight point 1 1/2-inch DOM tubular chassis crossmember
- Tubular upper and lower A-arms, 1 1/8×1/4-inch wall DOM
- Stainless steel CNC machined fully adjustable upper A-arm rod ends
- Oversized serviceable press-in ball joints
- Aldan American single-adjustable coilovers or airbags and shocks
- Built-in anti-dive
- Manual steering rack-and-pinion
- Standard or drop forged steel spindles
- Moser Ford 9-inch housing and 31-spline axles, fill and drain plug
- 1 1/8×1/4-inch wall DOM tubing bars (adjustable right-hand and left-hand thread)
- Stainless steel CNC machined rod ends (right-hand and left-hand thread)
- 1 1/8×1/4-inch wall DOM tubing panhard bar (adjustable right-hand and left-hand thread)
- FK Bearing Heim joints (right-hand and left-hand thread)
- Four-bar rear end housing brackets
- Four-bar frame brackets
- Body mounts
- All grade-8 hardware
- Lifetime guarantee
Last On The C10 Suspension Buyers Guide ’73-’87 C10: Choppin Block Full Chassis
MSRP: starting at $7,549
This Choppin’ Block chassis has changed the way you lay out or coilover your ’73-’87 C10. By utilizing the rack-and-pinion steering, you get smoother steering to give you a more late-model-truck driving experience. Lays up to a 30-inch tire in front, 31-inch tire in rear.
- Extreme air suspension: 4.5 to 5-inch ride height
- Performance air suspension: 4.5 to 5 inches FR/5.5 to 6 inches with 27-inch tire
- Performance coilover: 4.5 to 5 inches FR/5.5 to 6 inches with 27-inch tire
- Up to 15-inch-wide rear wheel (12-inch-wide for coilover)
- Narrows front track width 5 inches
- Eliminates bump steer with rack-and-pinion and flipped tie rods
- Easy cam alignment adjustments
- Rear triangulated four-link
- Modular bolt-together construction
- Positions engine low for hood clearance
- Accuair e-Level ready
- LS engines need F-body oil pan or Holley 302-2.
- The lower control arms are 1.5 inches, 3/16-inch wall, and uppers are 1 inch, 1/8-inch wall