Having been a truck enthusiast for more than 30 years, Dan Bouchard knows a thing or two about detail—and his 1958 F-100 big rear window is no exception. Dan wanted a bad-ass pickup no one else had. Ryan Korek of Korek Design spent 3 1/2 years building Dan the truck he was envisioning.
Every build must have a foundation, and Ryan tossed the old frame in the dumpster for an Art Morrison AME boxed chassis custom built for a 1958 Ford F-100 using 2×6-inch main rails. Front suspension consists of AME GT sport with Wilwood 2-inch drop spindles and JRI coilovers. A DSE rack and an Ididit steering column make turning a breeze. JRI coilovers with air springs and a 4-link hold the Strange 9-inch rearend in place. It has Wilwood 14-inch 6-piston drilled and slotted rotors up front, and Wilwood 14-inch 4-piston drilled and slotted rotors on the rear to handle stopping “Carlos.”
Mike Curtis 19×9-inch custom one-off wheels designed with Continental Pro Extreme 255 140/19 and Mike Curtis 20×11-inch custom one-off wheel designed with continental Pro Extreme 315/35/20 keep Carlos glued to the ground.
The powerplant was spared no expense as a 2015 Ford F-150 Whipple 219 supercharged Coyote motor was set between the frame rails. It has a set of custom coilcovers with Billet badges. Ford factory headers with a 3-inch Flowmaster exhaust let the Coyote breathe.
All the Details
Ryan touched every square inch of this original F-cow body. Starting with the hood, he added scoops and side vents, filled the cowl, and extended the lines of the hood into the cowl. He added a custom front grille and modified surround along with custom bumpers front and rear. He also modified the bottom of the cab to roll under, removed the drip rails, and peaked front and rear of cab.
A custom tailgate latch and hinges were made and installed. They installed white oak in the bed in a tongue and grove pattern. Before paint, a set of 1970 BMW 2002TI door handles were installed. With the body massaged and modified in one form or another with smoothed lines, it was ready for paint. Ryan used a custom mix water-based paint nicknamed Blue Ice to make Carlos one of the slickest trucks around.
On the inside, the dash was extended and smoothed with an earlier-style stereo to match. Dakota Digital V HX was wired up along with the rest of the truck with American Auto wire by Joe Kahl of Korek Designs. The Snowden frame was covered using Relicate carbon black leather along with a one-piece headliner, door panels, and center console. All was performed by John Miller Interiors.
If you’re on the East Coast, keep an eye out for Carlos.
“I look forward to sharing my 1958 F-100, nicknamed Carlos, with everyone I meet as I drive the truck to/from car shows up and down the East Coast,” Dan says.
Dan Bouchard would like to thank first and foremost, to the Korek Designs team from New Berlin, Pennsylvania. This dream would not have come true! Love you guys!!! A special shout out goes to Ryan, Steve, Big Joe, Lil’ Joe, Clark, Eric, and Ted—without each of their individual talents the truck would not be the work of art it is today! The creativity and craftsmanship of the teams from Korek Designs, John Miller Interiors, and Mike Curtis Designs was beyond exemplary—each team exceeded my expectations and achieved perfection!
Truck: 1958 Ford F-100
Location: East Lyme, Connecticut
- Ford Coyote from 2015 Ford F150
- Whipple 2.9 Supercharger
- Coil covers with custom “Billet Badges” emblems
- Ford factory headers
- Flowmaster 3-inch exhaust
- Art Morrison AME Boxed Chassis
- Custom built for 1958 Ford F100
- 2×6 boxed main rails
- Custom built 28-gallon Rick’s Tanks fuel tank
Suspension & Brakes
- AME GT Sport Front suspension Wilwood 2-inch drop front spindles
- JRI coilovers
- 1 ¼-inch Front sway bar
- DSE Rack Steering
- Ididit Steering column
- Rear suspension: Art Morrison rear kit with JRI coilovers and a 4-link
- Wilwood 14-inch front 6 piston brakes with drilled and slotted rotors
- Front wheels: Mike Curtis 19×9, custom one-off wheel design
- Rear wheels: Mike Curtis 20×11, custom one-off wheel design
- Front tires: Continental Pro Extreme Wet & Dry: 255 / 40 / 19
- Rear tires: Continental Pro Extreme Wet & Dry: 315 / 35 / 20
- 1970 BMW 2002Ti door handles
- Hand fabricated tail gate
- Custom tailgate latch and associated hinges
- Modified hood with added scoops and side vents
- Filled cowl
- Custom front grille
- Custom front and rear bumpers
- Removed drip rails
- Modified bottom of cab to roll under
- Tongue and groove white oak wood bed
- Dakota digital VHX guages
- American Autowire wiring harness
- Billet Specialties steering wheel
- IDIDIT tilt column
- custom one-piece headliner
- custom seats with Snowden frame
- Carbon Black Relicate Leather material
- 1950 Corvette black carpet
- Customized by John Miller Interiors
- Interior by John Miller Interiors